Environments on Stackmate are clones of other environments, most likely your production one. The process to create one is fairly simple and can be described in the following very simple steps:
- Go to your Dashboard and pick the project that you want to create an Environment for
- Right above the list of Environments, you’ll find an “Add” button which opens a dialog
- You will have to provide the branch’s name and a domain name for the new Environment. Leaving the domain name empty, will automatically generate a preview domain name for you
- You can also choose the Environment to copy from, where your production one is pre-selected. If you have more Environments, you will be able to choose among them
- Since the Environment created is a copy of another, you will need to adjust the service sizes to your settings, according to the projected usage.