We collect the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, and information volunteered by the consumer (such as survey information and/or site registrations). The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web pages and the quality of our service, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Information Gathering and Usage
- When you register for stackmate.io we retrieve information through the authentication provider of your choice, such as your name, email address and we request you to provide your billing address, credit card information. Members who are on a free plan or special offer are not required to enter a credit card.
- stackmate.io uses collected information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research.
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
- Cookies are required to use the stackmate.io service.
Stackmate.io uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run. Although stackmate.io owns the code, databases, and all rights to the stackmate.io application, you retain all rights to your data. Stackmate.io also reserves the right to host a cached copy of your code and personal information
Third Party data
By integrating a third party service such as GitHub, Bitbucket, Google Cloud, AWS, DigitalOcean we collect your Email, Full Name, Profile Image and token and refresh token (where applicable) for offline usage. These pieces of information are stored securely using Hardware-level encryption and usage varies as described below:
- GitHub & Bitbucket user data We use your GitHub or Bitbucket account to perform read-only operations in your repositories' source code which help us make your deployments faster & auto-detect the pieces of infrastructure that need to apply. We also install web hooks and deploy keys on repositories that you've created a Project for.
- Google Cloud, AWS, DigitalOcean user data We request for access to your Google Cloud account, Amazon Web Services account or DigitalOcean account in order to retrieve information regarding your server instances and instance groups that we then use as deployment targets for your environments. All information related to your Google Cloud Account, Amazon Web Service Account or Digital Ocean account is stored securely using hardware level encryption.
- Logos & Trademarks GitHub and the GitHub logo are properties of GitHub Inc. Bitbucket and the Bitbucket logo, HipChat and HipChat logo are properties of Atlassian. Google Cloud and Google Cloud logo are properties of Google Inc. Amazon Web Services and the Amazon Web Services logo are properties of Amazon Inc. DigitalOcean and the DigitalOcean logo are properties of DigitalOcean Inc.
Stackmate.io may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the Terms of Service.
EU and Swiss Safe Harbor
If you choose to provide stackmate.io with your information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in Germany, the European Union.
Stackmate may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your stackmate.io primary account holder account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.